Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Disney - Day 2


The first full day was spent at The Magic Kingdom. It is hands down, my favorite park at Disney World. I get so excited every time I walk into the main entrance and see Main Street with the castle in the background. It just proves that you are never too old to enjoy Disney World!

This picture was taken in front of the train station, right before you enter the park. I have an old picture of my family standing in this same spot, back in 1990. I would scan it and show it to everyone, but that's not going to happen. I was twelve and had entered the awkward pre-teen years with giant bangs and braces. Trust me, sticking with the girls picture is a better choice.

We caved in and rented a double stroller. It was a little pricey, but ended up being totally worth it! Grace was in a much better mood when she was able to sit and ride when she got tired. Plus it kept Avery happy. As soon as we got there we headed to Frontier land since our lunch reservation was in that area. We walked around and then got in line for Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Avery was scared of the singing pirates and just kept her head on my shoulder. I have a feeling she isn't going to be a thrill seeker when she gets older.

After the ride we walked around a bit more, got a fast pass for Thunder Mountain and then headed to lunch. We ate at The Liberty Tree Tavern. Scottie and I really enjoyed the food, he got yankee pot roast and I got roasted turkey. It was really good!

Avery has learned that crayons are for coloring and not for eating. She seems to enjoy coloring, but every once in awhile she tries to snack on one. ;)

Doesn't Grace look cute? She actually let me fix her hair that day. I figured she would let me pull it up, but I thought for sure she would fight me on the ribbons. But for some strange reason she was okay with it, which is not the norm for her. I don't care why she did it, I'm just glad she was happy.

She cracked me up while we were waiting for our table. I was explaining to her that they built the building to look like it was 1776, which she thought was interesting. As we were waiting we listened to the servers call out peoples names. But they were talking so quietly it was hard to hear the names. I told Scottie that they needed microphones, to which Grace replied "Mom, they didn't have microphones in 1776." She is one smart cookie!

Cute, cute, cute!!!

Grace is acting silly, as usual.

Of course she wanted to do a silly picture with me too. Sometimes it's just easier to go along with her plans.

I was able to get a somewhat normal picture with her.

These were just two of our yummy desserts during our trip. Let me just talk about the Disney dining plan for a minute. We got an awesome military discount on the meal plan, and it ended up being on of the best decisions we made on this trip. We were able to eat one sit down meal a day, and one meal from a cafe type restaurant. We didn't go to the next plan, which would have allowed us a breakfast meal, but I think we will next time. Each person gets a snack each day. It was so worth it, and we didn't have to eat chicken fingers and fries the entire trip!! The only thing I would have liked to see changed are the desserts, because every meal comes with a dessert. It's fun to indulge every once in a while, but every meal?? I would've liked the option of getting a salad, or an appetizer of veggies and dip instead. But it was fun to eat some things I wouldn't have normally ordered. At this restaurant I got a toffee cookie dessert with ice cream. It was awesome!!! Of course everything comes with Mickey Mouse sprinkles!

After lunch Grace and I headed to Thunder Mountain, and Scottie got Avery to fall asleep. She stayed asleep while we waited in line for The Haunted Mansion. She even stayed asleep after we got into the building. Sadly the poor thing got woken up by everyone screaming when they cut off the lights. She didn't really care for the singing ghosts either. Hopefully she will enjoy the rides a little bit more when she gets older.

Gracie couldn't wait to watch the Philharmagic show. It is one of our favorite attractions at Disney World. It's a 3D movie with sounds and smells shooting at you throughout the show. It is really fun for kids to watch, I highly recommend it!

Hanging out in the stroller.

The Magic Kingdom has several parades throughout the day. Unfortunately we always walked up to them at the wrong time. Grace had to sit on Scottie's shoulders just to see the top of the floats.

Avery wanted to see too!! :)

Our first picture in front of the castle. We weren't really prepared for the weather to be so cool. It ended up being cooler then what they had predicted. So we were piecing outfits together. I think I wore those jeans for three days straight because I only brought two pairs. Oh well, hopefully it will be warmer next time.

I just love my little baby!!

It was really neat to be at Disney World during the holidays. They had everything decorated so nicely. This is a picture of Main Street, and you can see the castle lit up in the background.

Avery and I headed back to the hotel to nap while Scottie and Grace stayed at park. This picture is of Grace climbing the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. They also got to ride on Space Mountain. Grace says that it is her favorite ride so far. I think it's too dark and fast, but she is definitely the thrill seeker of the family!

Getting ready to head back to the hotel. They were able to see the castle light up with "icicles."

Isn't Disney World magical??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Avery's big cheesey smile. SO ADORABLE!