Monday, January 18, 2010

Disney- Day 3


We started the day by sleeping in and then heading to Hollywood Studios for lunch. We were lucky to get a character meal in our trip since we planned it so quickly. Of course it wasn't the exact one we wanted, Grace wanted to do a princess one but that would have been impossible since you have to make reservations months in advance, but we still had fun with Jo Jo, Goliath, Leo and June from Little Einsteins and Handy Manny. I can't say we enjoyed the food, in fact it was pretty nasty. I would not recommend eating at Hollywood Studios. Yuck!

Grace gave Goliath a big hug!

June has always been one of Gracie's favorite Little Einstein characters. She doesn't watch it anymore, but we have some cute video of her singing the opening song when she was two. It's a cute show that teaches about different famous composers and artists. Hopefully Avery will like it one day.

Throughout the meal the characters would move around the restaurant taking pictures with the kids, and then every twenty minutes or so they would have a little dance party. Avery wanted to get up there and dance with all the kids. I thought she would be scared of the giant characters, but she was shaking her booty with the rest of the them! ;)

Grooving with Jo Jo!

I think she was more interested with Jo Jo's big red nose then anything else. We never got a good picture of the girls with Jo Jo because Avery kept staring at her.

A picture of the magic hat in the middle of Hollywood Studios. You can tell from the picture just how busy it was that day. We didn't stay at this park for very long. They have a lot more shows and attractions with just a few rides. Almost everything had 100-120 minute waits. Yeah, that really works for a one year old! But Scottie and Grace were able to go on the Star Wars ride, which they loved! After that we headed to the buses and headed over to the Animal Kingdom. I hope we can go back to Hollywood Studios some day and get to enjoy the different shows.

Before we left we grabbed a snack. We were starving after picking through our disgusting lunch. Scottie and Grace declared that this was the best box of popcorn they have ever eaten.

Avery slept throughout the entire bus ride. I hated that she didn't have a chance to get in a good nap, but it would have taken a lot of time out of our day to go back to the hotel. It didn't seem to bother her, she slept the whole time despite the noise.

As soon as we walked into the park we saw Timon. He had just gotten there so we jumped at the chance to get our picture taken with him. The Lion King is one of Gracie's favorite movies, so she was excited to get her picture taken with Timon.

This is the Christmas tree at the entrance to the park. I was bummed that we couldn't get the whole tree in the picture, but it was just too big. They did such a neat job decorating all the trees.

We took a train to the petting zoo. We were able to see some rhinos and a baby elephant along the way. Avery was loving the train ride!

Chillin' on the train... literally. It was getting chilly. Avery's nose and cheeks got very rosy.

This is what I saw while I was changing Avery's diaper. My pride and joy, blowing her lips out with the hand dryer. I think she had more fun with the dryer than she did with anything else that day.

Daddy and his girls.

The girls really liked petting the sheep and watching a llama chase a pig. I wish I could have gotten that on video. It was quite a sight to see a little fat pig run for his life, while a giant white llama chased it at full speed. Animals are so fun to watch!

I love this tree at the Animal Kingdom. It is huge! If you enlarge the picture, you can see the different animal carvings. Such a neat thing to see.

We had to cut our time at the Animal Kingdom short so we could get to Downtown Disney for dinner. We did a lot of traveling that day, but in order to get our money's worth in the meal plan we had to go where we could get reservations. I am so glad we went here. It was Raglan Road Irish Pub, and it was good! The atmosphere was dark and cozy and the food was great.

Avery still had her rosy cheeks and nose, poor thing.

Grace was showing off her Lion King tattoo. I was trying to get a picture of the 130 year old bar, which was imported from Ireland. But it was too dark to get a good picture.

I included this,poorly taken, picture for Mom and Curt. When I was younger, they were having a discussion about taking foreign language classes. Curt was trying to decided what he wanted to take in high school. I told them that I wanted to learn Irish, to which they burst out laughing uncontrollably. They told me that there wasn't an Irish language. But the jokes on them because look what was on my coaster!! Okay, I know it's really a dialect and not really a specific language, but it is something that can be taught. So there!! ;)

I'm not much of a fish eater, but my fish and chips were gooood!

We took a few minutes to walk around downtown Disney. I would like to go back and visit when it's warmer and not so busy. There was a neat Lego's store, but it was so busy that we decided not to fight that mess. But there were some amazing Lego creations outside of the store. This monster was actually in the water. Grace looks a little freaked out in this picture, maybe she was practicing her acting skills. It does look like we are about to be eaten!!

Grace finally got her beloved Star Wars toys. She saw them on the first day we were there, and wouldn't stop talking about them. We would've liked to have hid them in our suitcase and give them to her for Christmas, but she would have gone crazy. It was the only thing she really asked for, and we had some spending money from the grandparents, so we let her get them on the third day. I have to admit that they are pretty cool. I would have loved them when I was a kid.

A great way to end the day... playing with Star Wars toys.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I snorted when I saw that picture of Grace at the hand dryer. I LOVE that girl! Thanks for the belly laugh!!