Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Poor Kitty

This is what happens when you "think" you know what your one year old is doing. After dropping Gracie off at the bus stop, Avery and I were chilling out by the computer desk. I was checking email and rental properties in Ohio (woo-hoo), and Avery was playing with her big sister's white princess kitty. I could have sworn that Avery was sitting next to me the whole time. But I have recently nicknamed her "Ninja Baby." I can't tell you how many times I've turned around and she is right at my feet, without ever making a sound. So our little Ninja somehow got past both Scottie and I on her way to the bathroom, which is her favorite room in the house. We usually keep it closed, and we always make sure the toilet lid is down. But we had been a hurry this morning to get Grace to the bus on time, and the bathroom door was overlooked. Well the next thing I hear is Scottie yelling "oh my gosh!" He found her dipping the kitty in the toilet and then... wait for it.... sucking the water off of it!!!! He was completely disgusted, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Yep, mother of the year. I'm expecting the award to come in the mail any day now. Regardless we have a pretty funny story to tell her boyfriends in the future. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA- I love that kid.

Go Long! Go Green! said...

Love that story -- wouldn't be this same if she wasn't sucking the water off it! Sounds like something Sophia will do!